Monday, June 15, 2009

TPC Southwind Memphis, TN

Man what a day. I got to attend the St. Jude Classic in Memphis, TN this Saturday. It was very cool. I started the day by watching the players on the driving range. I could not believe how crisp they all hit the ball. It became very apparent to me why the pros boil down to the short game and that is what determines who wins the tournaments. I stayed between 10 Fairway and 11 green the whole time. I got to see all the groups come through and I have to tell you that Phil and JD's groups had the biggest followings. I was most excited to see Camilo's group however. The pros obviously do not miss by much any time they hit the ball. I thought that Southwind's grounds crew did an awesome job preparing the day especially after the storms came through on Friday. The course was in beautiful shape. All I can say is it must be a huge undertaking to not only set up for the tournament but to run it as well. After attending a Pro Golf tournament you gain a whole new appreciation for what the PGA Tour does week in and week out. After this weekend I swore to myself that before I die I have to attend a major championship some day. Well this week I am looking forward to my playing lesson with my instructor. I will let you know how it goes after I play. I hope everyone has a wonderful week and Happy Father's Day to all the dads.

No comments:

Post a Comment